Na sowas, schon wieder ein Chameleon update. Ich zitiere mal das Icomp Forum
Yes, we are serious about it - Chameleon will get monthly updates from now on - and we are doing big steps approaching the final non beta release. This one fixes long standing VICII bugs that results in almost all "real world" testcases to work 100%. In particular those are:
- Einstein IV/Cosmos
- Cataball +3 (Decibel)
- 2011 - A Press Space Odyssey
- Psykolog / Panoramic Designs
- Unicorn, the Collectors Edition / Chorus
- Wonderland IX / Censor
- Tense Years / Onslaught
- Cafe Odd/Reflex
- Why I like Demos / Crest
- One Year Camelot III
... and likely more that suffered from the same timing bug.
As this is a fundamental fix that removes almost all misbehaving programs from our list, we'd like to encourage Chameleon owners to report anything that is still wrong after the update. Please check the wiki to see which issues we already know about.
Please also head over to the Chameleon C64 Core - Compatible Monitors thread and report back your success (hopefully) with using the new VGA controller with your monitor(s).
The changes in detail:
- - Merge incomming system reset with local reset, so CPU is held in reset while external reset is pending.
- - Fix in scaler for the scale factor 1.5x only used by 640x480, that caused pixels to be lost reducing the picture quality.
- - Fix in VIC-II emulation, changes to D011 yscroll value to preform DMA delay effects were one cycle off.
- - Fix in VIC-II emulation, changed the architecture of the internal 40 character buffer to match observed addressbus bahavior during DMA delays.
As usual get the update on the Chameleon wiki page.