Laut FB könnt ihr wieder bestellen!
EDIT by FXXS: Lieferstatusmail von Gedion angehängt:
With this e-mail I'd like to inform you about the planning of theUltimate-64.
First of all, I'd like to thank you all for the immense interest in
theboard! In the last weeks, I have been trying to get more information
about thecurrent production status. Due to the economy picking up, many
manufacturersare fully booked, including the one that I have contracted
to produce theUltimate 64. Managers are busy and sometimes take their
time to respond.Getting actual production planning data was quite a
challenge. The bad news:the current production won't be finished before
the summer holidays due tofactory capacity. Delivery of this first 'mass
production' batch (Batch #2)gets therefore somewhat delayed. More about dates below.
Due to the high demand of the U64, I started the ordering process foranother production batch (Batch #3)
some time ago. It was started to becomeclear that there is quite a
crisis on the component market. Even small passivecomponents like
resistors and capacitors are scarce. Some have a lead time of50 to 60
weeks! That sounds pretty bad, doens't it? Well, it is! The good newsis
that all components that are required for this production batch of U64's
areconfirmed and will be available on time before the production of
this batch #3can start. So this is absolutely GREAT news!
In order to give you an idea about the planning, I tried to put things in aspreadsheet, which you can see here: http://1541ultimate.net/content/download/Planning2018.pdf
In this sheet, you can see that the manufacturer will start
productionbefore their holidays. A few of the first V1.2 boards will be
sent to me bycourier, so that I can do a final "check". When these
boards are OK,I can give the 'go' for a production of PCBs for the next
batch and save atleast some weeks of time there. After the holidays,
when the boards are ready,my task for testing and shipping will start.
In my planning, I foresee that theproduction test tool will not be ready
yet, so that I will be the one testingeach board one by one. (Or, if I
hire someone to help, it _may_ be a bitfaster) I expect that I cannot
ship out more than 75-100 boards per week.
For this reason, I have placed all the pending orders in groups. You can
seethe group numbers in the planning. Your ealiest order xxxxxx was
placed on02-jun-2018 05:19 and is now in Group 5. In case an order
getscancelled, the group allocation will be run again, and your order
may move upto an earlier group. Please note: the presented dates are
tentative and mayshift. I'll do my best to speed up things where
possible, if possible.
Group 1: Week of 27-Aug
Group 2: Week of 03-Sep
Group 3: Week of 10-Sep
Group 4: Week of 17-Sep
Group 5: Week of 08-Oct
Group 6: Week of 15-Oct
Group 7: Week of 22-Oct
Group 8: Week of 29-Oct
Group 9: Week of 05-Nov
The shipments of Batch #3 boards may be quicker, if the test tool is up andrunning at the factory. However, production itself of Batch #3 has not yet beenconfirmed. Be aware! (I may look for parallel production elsewhere, if thismakes sense...)
My apologies, especially to those that have ordered back in March.
Waitingis never fun... The good side of this, is that in the coming
weeks I do have abit more time to look into current compatibility issues
with the core.
With best regards,
Zusammengefasst: Wer VOR Juni bestellt hat bekommt bis Ende September sein Board, wer AB Juni bestellt hat erst ab Oktober bis November....