Hallo Besucher, der Thread wurde 4,1k mal aufgerufen und enthält 7 Antworten

letzter Beitrag von tokra am

TAP on SD2IEC ..YES!!

• Hi Unseen,

I'm the person that modified sd2iec firmware to include the TAP player. The idea behind the tap player came to my mind before I actually come across your code, infact I created a card (called Bit2TAP) that is both, player and grabber, connects to the parallel port and is completely closed source.. this card was independently developed, uses 16bit timers and an algorithm that is completely proprietary.. however, at later stage, with manosoft we had the idea to integrate a player in his card that could be retro-fitted to the already existing ones (already sold) without soldering cables.. C64SD was perfect because it was featuring natively a passthrough tap port and had some pins of the processor available on board. In the first stage of development I integrated part of tapplay into the sd2iec sw firmware just to see if the idea could actually be implemented.. obviously I had to remove the part driving the tapplay using the serial link and implement the part allowing tap replay to be started using regular 1541 sub-channel commands. During this stage I had to face a lot of problems.. conflicts between tapplay code and existing sd2iec arragements.. issues in the original sd2iec iec command loop caused by the new code etc.. in the end I was able to release a proof-of-concept firmware that was working with a very limited prototype of the ITS card for internal usage. However this worked demonstrating the idea and pushing for new developments.. so,when we passed to the real stuff, I basically had to rewrite everything from scratch to handle all C2N signal lines, avoid incompatibilities with some loaders, integrate V2 TAP files compatibility, add motor line management etc.. Also the hardware has been completely redesigned..

So, yes, your code was very useful at a certain stage of development

• uses 16bit timers and an algorithm that is completely proprietary.

Do you still use it in the thing demonstrated in the video? You do realize that anything integrated with sd2iec must be licensed under the GPL?

• Probably I did not explain it very well.. the card I was referring to when I mentioned 16 bit timers is ANOTHER card .. it's the Bit2Tap card I developed.. Bit2Tap is 100% developed by me, is closed source and doesn't need sd2iec.. it's completely stand-alone.. doesn't use anything that is related to open source projects.. it's NOT the one in the video.. the one in the video is ITS.. ITS does have to be plugged into C64SD.. and is GPL because of this..

Your tapplay code was used just in a proof of concept during the development process of ITS, current version of ITS, that is in the video, is no longer using your code..

• Gestern bemerkt, dass es das Teil jetzt zu kaufen gibt: http://www.manosoft.it/?lang=en
    und erstmal ne Stunde die ganzen Videos angeschaut: http://www.manosoft.it/?page_id=78&lang=en
    Man versteht zwar kein Wort, aber die wichtigen Sachen sind auf englisch eingeblendet und die Videos sind eigentlich auch selbsterklärend.

Bin schwer begeistert und hab gleich mal 2 Stück für meine beiden VC20 bestellt. Die haben beide schon ein C64SD Infinity.

• Update: Montag abend in Italien bestellt, gestern Einschreiben-Abholkarte im Briefkasten. Heute vormittag von der Post abgeholt, mit dem C64SD Infinity zusammengebaut (Aufwand je 10 Minuten - kein Löten erforderlich). Läuft! Am PAL- und NTSC-VIC20 erfolgreich getestet. Ich bin schwer begeistert, die beste SD2IEC-Lösung ist nochmal besser geworden. Gerade auf dem VC20 oder C16 gibt es ja viele Spiele nur als .tap-Files mit Kopierschutz/Fastloader.