Hallo Besucher, der Thread wurde 3k mal aufgerufen und enthält 32 Antworten

letzter Beitrag von syshack am

Vice: Sidebar mit Ablage für Konfigurationen?

• Sowas in der Art gibt es ja schon. Im WinVICE heisst diese Funktion "Save current settings to specified file" und im GTK3VICE "Save settings to ...".

Beides erlaubt dann die momentanen Einstellungen in ein ini-File abzuspeichern, dem man einen eigenen Namen geben kann. Will man dann irgendwann auf die Schnelle wieder diese alte Einstellungen im Emulator haben, dann lädt man dieses File wieder hinein, was dann mit "Load settings from specified file" (im WinVICE) und "Load settings from ..." (im GTK3VICE) funktioniert. Du kannst ja dann diesen speicherbaren Files die Namen deiner Konfigurationen geben.

• Ich glaube Kickmaster64 wollte hier eine einfachere UI Bedienung für sowas, wie es z.B. oft bei MacOSX Apps der Fall ist.

Aber sowas würde ich mich nicht mal trauen in den Request Log einzuspeisen.... "dumme User Requests" sind ja wohl nicht gerne gesehen da. :bgdev

• Ich glaube Kickmaster64 wollte hier eine einfachere UI Bedienung für sowas, wie es z.B. oft bei MacOSX Apps der Fall ist.

Aber sowas würde ich mich nicht mal trauen in den Request Log einzuspeisen.... "dumme User Requests" sind ja wohl nicht gerne gesehen da. :bgdev

Ich hab mich fast nicht getraut es hier her zu schreiben.😅👼

War so eine spontane Idee. Zwecks Überblick. Ohne erst umständlich ins Lademenü zu gehen und den entsprechenden Ordner mit Einstellungen suchen und Laden.

Da dachte ich das ginge schneller wenn man es einfach von einer Seitenleiste ratziputz anwählen kann. (So in etwa wie Lesezeichen)

Natürlich tuts die vorhandene Funktion soweit auch.

• Da dachte ich das ginge schneller wenn man es einfach von einer Seitenleiste ratziputz anwählen kann. (So in etwa wie Lesezeichen)

Du meinst wahrscheinlich, in einer Art, ähnlich der wie im WinUAE Amiga Emulator:

Bin mir nicht sicher, ob man es so ausführlich gestaltet in einem C64 Emulator wirklich benötigt, denn da hat man ja zumeist gar nicht soviele Einstellungsmöglichkeiten zur Verfügung wie jetzt etwa im WinUAE und dann kommt noch dazu, dass man im WinUAE, nur eine einzige exe hat, die alle verschiedenen Amiga Modelle emulieren kann (und so teilt man dort auch die Configs dann häufig ein, also nach Amiga Modell), während es im VICE ja verschiedene Emulator-exe-files gibt, je nachdem welches Computermodell (C64, C128, VC20, PET usw) man jetzt laufenlassen will.

Also was ich damit sagen will ist, diese Konfigurations-Files Sache so wie im WinUAE zu gestalten, lohnt sich wahrscheinlich bei einem C64 Emulator nicht wirklich, es sei denn, man hätte auch dort nur eine einzige exe, die alle genannten Computermodelle emulieren kann. Deshalb finde ich persönlich diese "save settings to a file" Funktion eigentlich ausreichend, diese Settings-Files muss ich jetzt nicht alle unbedingt direkt im Emu-Menue dann sehen. Aber, nur meine Meinung, jeder hat da vielleicht andere Prioritäten, was ihm wichtig ist.

Natürlich tuts die vorhandene Funktion soweit auch.

Solch eine Funktion, also "save settings to a file", bei der man dem File auch noch einen eigenen Namen geben kann, sollte unbedingt auch im HOXS und im DENISE noch Einzug halten, das ist auch dort gut zu gebrauchen, vor allem auch dann, wenn man für ein bestimmtes Spiel, viele Keyboard-Keys auf den Controller gemappt hat. Denn sowas will man ja nicht jedesmal wieder auf's Neue alles einstellen müssen, wenn man sich etwa Buttonmappings wie das von "Karateka" anschaut. Und sowas wird auch noch kommen, "PiCiJi" hat das ja schon bestätigt und auch von "David Horrocks" weiß ich, dass sowas geplant ist und irgendwann kommt.

• Aber sowas würde ich mich nicht mal trauen in den Request Log einzuspeisen.... "dumme User Requests" sind ja wohl nicht gerne gesehen da.

Ich hab mich fast nicht getraut es hier her zu schreiben.😅👼

...klingt nach Nichtwählern, die sich am Stammtisch über die Regierung ausheulen. Merkt Ihr selbst, oder?

Würde ich das haben wollen, würde ich es bei den VICE-Tickets als Feature Request anlegen, und falls ich dann eine unhöfliche Antwort bekäme, könnte ich immer noch in irgend welchen Webforen mit dem Lamentieren anfangen.

Übrigens, meine bisherigen Einträge bei den VICE-Tickets sind immer zeitnah bearbeitet worden. Komisch, dass meine eigenen Erfahrungen so viel anders sind als die der gerne verbreiteten Räuberpistolen aus dritter Hand. Was könnte nur der Grund dafür sein? :nixwiss:

• It's always nice to see people complaining about us not taking bug reports or feature requests seriously or even insulting people with said reports. Especially coming from people who'd rather post on forums like this or Lemon64 and not post on the bug tracker.

I'm not going into why using the proper medium would result in better response, some of you obviously don't get that and will never get it. Keep on bitching.

And about the arrogant "ton", syshack, who the fuck are you kidding?

• Well, it was not a bug report but rather a suggestion from the OP for a potential UI gimmick. It is up to him to post suggestion in a bug tracker.

Reading since years through the VICE Threads here in this forum has somehow painted a picture of what the feedback of the VICE team often seems to be like, when started often with innocent questions or suggestions from normal non-techie, non-programmers users.

Hence, my "I wouldn't even dare to suggest this on their bug report tracker" statement.

Why you take this as insult, I don't quite understand, as it states a mentality I observed.

Having said that, lately with the new Windows maintainer (sorry, forgot his name) the situation starts to improve as he seems more approachable to suggestions.

And to be fair, I respect your participation and standing your ground in the VICE threads, which I agree that sometimes it is also not easy with the users to deal with.

Including me.

• Thanks, a very reasonable answer. Yes, not all users are easy to deal with, and when you read various c64 forums like I do and read a lot of 'bitching' about the work you do and no actual bug reports, things tend to get frustrating, at least for me.

Our "Windows dev" dqh isn't actually a Windows dev either, he's a MacOS dev, he installed Windows and Linux, either bare-metal or vm to also make the threaded-ui stuff work for Windows and Linux. Kinda like me, I got a new PC two years ago with Win10 preinstalled, which allowed me to write the windows-specific code to get the Gtk3 UI up and running (this involved a lot of cursing), but I'm also not a Windows dev, I use Linux and have since wiped Windows. I still do some WIndows-related stuff, especially the buildsystem, but since I now use a VM, that involves even more cursing (msys2 is fucking slow).

We're still looking for dedicated Windows devs, and we'll probably be looking for them in the next 10 years or so :)

And to the OP: it's not an unreasonable request, so post it on our bug tracker: https://sourceforge.net/p/vice-emu/feature-requests/

I fear it'll take some time before I can get to that though.

Cheers,

Compyx

• Thank you Compyx,

Having a MacOSX maintainer is great too, I hardly ever use my MacBook, but would like to see eventually a VICE version with a usable UI again on that platform down the track.

Personally, I think it is useful to have devs who do cross development and see what the challenges are on each platform, this may result to a better understanding for the end users (I know, you claim to not to write VICE for anyone, but obviously you still care).

If I could, I would help, but the reality is that I am out of the Windows dev hamster wheel game since a long while now and I am not as good anymore to help with Windows programming.

Besides, C and C++ was really never my forte and I stopped writing C++ code in early 2000s altogether for more productive languages demanded by my jobs.

• I'm not going into why using the proper medium would result in better response, some of you obviously don't get that and will never get it.

You read the request of the OP here. So what? If you think it's a good idea, so copy and paste it in the "right medium", if YOU like it there and if you don't think so, let it be. That would be less time as complaining here about "complaining people". :)

I don't like the attitude: I am the developer and YOU are a the customer who has to play with MY rules. If you read as a dev a good idea how you could improve YOUR software, so take the idea and think about it. No matter where you read it. You get an idea for your software for free. Take it or leave it! ;)

• Snoopy c'est le ton qui fait la musique!

There is a reason why developers (and IT Support) prefer ticket-based systems.

Companies pay much money for ideas for their products. So I see it as a gift if someone write an idea for free wherever it was written.

If I read this idea as a developer and I like it, I take it to my todo list and say thanks for "donating" that idea.

Where I agree is that no one has the "right" to complain about not implementing an idea. That's the decision of the developer.

• Well, talking about attitude...

Zitat

Be thankful and bow down to compyx for actually caring about Mickeysoft fanboys and creating FrankenVICE docs for crossbuilding GTK3-VICE! YOUR participation is near zero - how dare you!

Maybe I better shut up than telling my ideas to someone who like to see me bow down...

I was very pleased with the recently incorporated changes in the GTK build, which significantly improved performance.

But after such statements I will not pay attention to WinVice any further. There is "Denise".

• https://vice.pokefinder.org/

Der Link ist im Zitat selbst enthalten, den habe ich nicht eingefügt.

Danke, ich hatte Dein Zitat und den Link im anderen VICE Thread gefunden, meine ich, aber es war mir unklar dass das Zitat von Pokefinder stammt.

Ich weiss nicht wie die Beziehung von Pokefinder zu dem VICE Team ist, aber ich meine, dass er/sie nicht zum Team gehört und einfach hier mitlesen und eine eigene Art von "Humor" haben, um sowas zu schreiben.

• Maybe I better shut up than telling my ideas to someone who like to see me bow down...

Why do you think that is an official statement by the VICE developers?

Is this:

https://vice-emu.sourceforge.io/

the official Vice Domain?

Click "Downloads". If you wish to download nightlies you got linked to pokefinder.org.

On a page with the same colorscheme and with the official vice logo.

So tell me why people shoudn't think that this is an officiel statement?