After watching the latest Mega65 R2 videos (from the official YT channel from 01.07.), we know the following will be present:
- 2× Atari-style DE-9m joystick ports (presumably C64 pinout, hopefully C64GS/Amiga-compatible as well?)
- 1× C64/128-style expansion port
- 1× IEC
- 1× VGA
- 1× HDMI
- 1× RJ45
- 1× 3.5mm TRS stereo audio-out jack
- 1× (planned) VIC-20/C64/128-style user-port
So here's part-curiosity, part-wishlist:
Are there any plans to incorporate any of the following?
- secondary video-out
- for example, if anyone gets bold enough to make a C128 or VDC core for the machine
- or if someone decides they want a daughterboard of their own with Composite or S-Video out
- 1× 3.5mm TRRS stereo audio-out/in jack (with integrated mic-in for SID input)
Also, in one of the Facebook group posts, someone mentioned the obvious trapdoor - will it give a more direct access to both the address and data lines, for example, to fit extra sound-chips, like real SIDs, SwinSID Ultimates with custom waveforms, YM3812 OPL2 chips, YM2149F PSGs, TI SN76489s...