Hallo Besucher, der Thread wurde 1,3k mal aufgerufen und enthält 8 Antworten

letzter Beitrag von LGB-Z am

Joystick im Xemu einbinden

• Hi Leute

wollte mal fragen, wie ich den Joystick im Xemu einbinden kann.

Habe das zwar ganz am Anfang gemacht, aber irgendwie scheind er sie nicht zu kennen.

Ihr könnt viellcht mal darüber Nachdenken eine Anzeige in den Emu mit einzubinden wie bei Vice. Nur so ein Gedanke.

Hat da einer einen Tipp von euch.

Gruß Drachen

• Google translator had some problems here, I have no idea what kind of "advertisement" should be added like Vice. At least it translated as: "You might want to think about adding an ad to the emu like Vice does. Just a thought."

About the joystick, it's handled more-or-less (about recognition at least) at SDL2 level (what Xemu uses). So if it is not recognized, even I can't help, it's an OS or SDL2 problem, out of scope of Xemu. But in theory, it's enough your USB joystick or something, and that's all. You should see a message for a short time from Xemu about the event (well, if you connect while Xemu is already running, it's maybe not the case if you connect before running Xemu - but it should work still in that scenario as well, of course).

• LGB-Z deepl.com translated it to "You could think about including a display in the emu like in Vice." And yes, "Anzeige" in German can be an advertisement, an announcement, an offer, a police complaint, an indicator, a panel or a display (as information on the screen or even as a complete device).

Drachen means this panel on the status bar ...

• LGB-Z deepl.com translated it to "You could think about including a display in the emu like in Vice." And yes, "Anzeige" in German can be an advertisement, an announcement, an offer, a police complaint, an indicator, a panel or a display (as information on the screen or even as a complete device).

Drachen means this panel on the status bar ...

Aha, thanks for the translation. I have no idea about German (other than sentences learnt from SAT1 when I was young and cable TV was a fantastic thing, and I could see Star Trek only there ...), so I need a translator to be able to understand. It's possible I don't use the best one, though ...

But, back to the question: honestly I very much dislike any of these kind of displays (the only more irritating thing for me is the always visible menu bar, brrrrr). Anyway, this is only my personal view for sure, others can think otherwise, of course.

However more importantly, it's kinda impossible to do (at least currently), because Xemu is an SDL app, the whole window is the emulated machine. VICE I believe use some kind of UI framework (let it be Windows native UI, or GTK on UNIX, etc), and embed its emulation "result" into that, or something like this. I would like to keep dependencies at minimum, so Xemu uses only SDL2, ie a single DLL is needed on Windows, for example. But surely, VICE itself is much more "heavy weight" thing to begin with and have serious framework just for the UI as well. In Xemu development human resources are much more limited to say at least :) compared to VICE, so it's about the last thing I have time for, since correct emulation, missing (or badly) emulated features etc are much more important. At least now. But surely, who can tell what the future will be ...

• Hi LGB-Z

thank you very much for your info. The status bar for the joystick was just a thought of mine. :)

(Hope this is understandable, was translated with a translator):whistling:

Greeting

Drachen

• Hast anyone tried a Dualshock4 Pad on Xemu ?

I can use it in every other SDL2 based emulator like VICE but it does not do anything in Xemu ?(

Unfortunately the only thing I can test with, is a borrowed (old) Xbox controller, I have no other joystick and/or gamepads to try with :( In fact I borrowed it from a friend that I can test with at least _any_ device ...

• By the way, have you tried to disconnect it, running Xemu, and connect it meanwhile? Is there any sign on the emulated screen (or, turn on windows console, if you're using windows, in the right-click context menu, and see there too). Also, it's possible that it's emulated on the wrong joystick port, use the keypad ENTER to toggle between port-1/port-2 emulation, or again use the context menu, "Input devices -> Swap emulated joystick ports". If no thing of life in any case, it's a deeper problem.

• Ehm, 3rd answer already from me ... In any way, I think one of the next projects for me inside emulation (though I still need to finish and merge back to "mainstream" the new-hyppo stuff and associated works) is to rewrite the hole HID+SDL event layer (HID=Human Interactive Device), which not only includes joystick events, but in general joystick, keyboard, mouse. Among many other things this is needed to eliminate things like hard-coded F9 and F10 in the code for my insane shortcuts for exit and reset, and to allow real additions as a foundation later for many other features (including possible in-emulator keymap redefinition, MEGA65 matrix mode in a sane way, etc). Also to make code more understandable and maintainable. At the joystick side it includes cases like emulating two joysticks at the same time, and possibly remedy other emulation problems.