Today I attended my first World of Commodore and met friendly people with similar coding interests. I also learned a bit about some of the new hardware for the C64.
In preparation for the meeting, I updated my Slime game for the Commodore 64 with some additional features:
- A loading picture
- Bug fixed the level display
- Bonus life at 10,000 points- Starts in single frame mode (F1 / F3)
- Improved ship control code
- Fixed a bug where the smart bomb would go off in error
- Delete high score option
- Cheat now offers infinite smart bombs (effectively becoming a level skip as you continue to use it)
- Proper slime animation which was in the original game but not activated
- An Asteroid style variation without borders and thrust control (with inertia).
- Eight way firing in Asteroid mode (compared to 4-way in Slime)
and of course the source code is included so you can modify the game or learn how it was made.
This will be the last version of this game, honest Coming January 2018 - Spyders II