I have bought the Nexys A7 100T board a few months ago because I wanted to use the MEGA65 bitstream.
Yesterday I thought of "playing" something with the board apart from the MEGA65. I searched through the net and find some articles about the board.
Sadly I fail in a very first step to play with the board. As described in a README, I should connect the board with a serial terminal on the PC:
Attach the USB cable to your desktop computer, so that you can setup a serial (terminal) connection between the desktop and the FPGA.
Open a serial terminal program, configure it as 115.200 baud, 8-N-1, CTS ON, attach the FPGA, turn it on, after the bitstream loaded from the SD card, connect the terminal program to the serial interface of the FPGA and press the reset button.
I read these texts from Digilent:
and installed "Putty" an my "Linux Lite 4.8" (a Ubuntu variant) PC.
But I still don't know how I have to set putty to get connected with the Nexys board.
The "lsusb" command shows me this:
- Bus 002 Device 003: ID 08ff:2683 AuthenTec, Inc.
- Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
- Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
- Bus 001 Device 006: ID 1199:68a2 Sierra Wireless, Inc.
- Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0489:e052 Foxconn / Hon Hai
- Bus 001 Device 003: ID 24ae:2010
- Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
- Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
- Bus 004 Device 004: ID 0451:8041 Texas Instruments, Inc.
- Bus 004 Device 003: ID 0781:5583 SanDisk Corp.
- Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0bc2:2323 Seagate RSS LLC
- Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
- Bus 003 Device 003: ID 0bda:58b1 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
- Bus 003 Device 005: ID 046d:c077 Logitech, Inc. M105 Optical Mouse
- Bus 003 Device 006: ID 0403:6010 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT2232C Dual USB-UART/FIFO IC
- Bus 003 Device 004: ID 0e8d:1806 MediaTek Inc. Samsung SE-208 Slim Portable DVD Writer
- Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0451:8043 Texas Instruments, Inc.
- Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
I'm a very newbie on this FPGA stuff.
Does anyone have an idea what I overlook?