Hello, Guest the thread was viewed132k times and contains 1166 replies

last post from Brechdurchfall at the

RetroRadionics ArcadeR: Joystick im CP-Stil mit Arcade-Bauteilen

• Yes, reason is obvious..By most countries import rules "import from China bellow 20 USD will be without Custom and Tax duty" ! I declare 19.99 USD price!

Btw, joystick weight with parcel is about 500gr. It is heavy monster ... I think that even inside of your country delivery price will be about 10 USD..maybe more (not euros)!

In case of bulk order we can negotiate !

• would it be possible to team up with a German shop (like polyplay, protovision, etc) in the future maybe? to avoid shipping/custom issues?

If they call me and buy in the bulk (100 pcs.) ...will be possible... But by my experience price will be higher again (in another hand delivery will be faster) because they need to pay custom duty and VAT plus they need profit ! For my other products next algorithm is usual (China price 20 USD plus shipping 10) will be in EU (26 USD plus shipping 10) !.... 30 VS 36 ...just for reference ..

• "Retro Radionics" i have one question. Were original Sanwa parts used in this controllers, or just parts, which have a similar quality like Sanwa?

The sentence in the description says "Joystick mechanics by Sanwa standard" which ist not fully clear in this point and can be understood in both ways. This could also mean Sanwa clones, like for example the ones from Quanba, but in a similar standard like the original Sanwas.

Can you clarify it?

• "Retro Radionics" i have one question. Were original Sanwa parts used in this controllers, or just parts, which have a similar quality like Sanwa?

The sentence in the description says "Joystick mechanics by Sanwa standard" which ist not fully clear in this point and can be understood in both ways. This could also mean Sanwa clones, like for example the ones from Quanba, but in a similar standard like the original Sanwas.

Can you clarify it?

Good question :) Mechanics is done by good Chinese supplier but i choose click switches with 500.000 click life expectancy (usual Chinese one is 50.000 to 100.000)

All part are easy replaceable, robust and longtime lasting! Later I can offer original SANWA parts but ...you know...price will be 15-20 USD more !

• Good question :) Mechanics is done by good Chinese supplier but i choose click switches with 500.000 click life expectancy (usual Chinese one is 50.000 to 100.000)

All part are easy replaceable, robust and longtime lasting! Later I can offer original SANWA parts but ...you know...price will be 15-20 USD more !

Okay, thanks for answering. I thought before, that it could not be original Sanwa parts for this cheap price. But what you told about the click-life sounds not bad. From a friend i know, that for example the chinese Quanba clone of the Sanwa JLF joystick, is not bad for a clone. Maybe not exactly as good as the original controller, but also not much worse. On the other hand, the prices for Quanba parts in the meantime are also not that cheap anymore, cause better quality makes higher prices, also when it comes to clones. So you say, the parts you use here in this stick, last long time, does this then mean, they are from a similar quality like the Quanba clones for example? I ask, to get an impression of these clone parts, before ordering a stick, because not all of them must be bad, but there are also alot bad clones on the market too, you know. :)

• Good question :) Mechanics is done by good Chinese supplier but i choose click switches with 500.000 click life expectancy (usual Chinese one is 50.000 to 100.000)

Okay, thanks for answering. I thought before, that it could not be original Sanwa parts for this cheap price. But what you told about the click-life sounds not bad. From a friend i know, that for example the chinese Quanba clone of the Sanwa JLF joystick, is not bad for a clone. Maybe not exactly as good as the original controller, but also not much worse. On the other hand, the prices for Quanba parts in the meantime are also not that cheap anymore, cause better quality makes higher prices, also when it comes to clones. So you say, the parts you use here in this stick, last long time, does this then mean, they are from a similar quality like the Quanba clones for example? I ask, to get an impression of these clone parts, before ordering a stick, because not all of them must be bad, but there are also alot bad clones on the market too, you know. :)

Lets say like that ... By my "investigation of retro market" This is the best buy until now ! Injected case...different colors ...robust long lasting easy replaceable parts ... Unbelievable low pre-sales price (price will go up soon ...25 USD..which is also cheap) ..Nice retro design ... Good product made with European quality standards and Chinese low price.. I am QC manager last 14 years in China.... period!

:)

• So far the pictures look REALLY promising and I'm really longing for some newly buyable, professionally built 9-pin joysticks!

Do you know already when the current batch will be shipped, and do you know whether you might be able to produce larger batches (or improve production time) in the future?

• Lets say like that ... By my "investigation of retro market" This is the best buy until now ! Injected case...different colors ...robust long lasting easy replaceable parts ... Unbelievable low pre-sales price (price will go up soon ...25 USD..which is also cheap) ..Nice retro design ... Good product made with European quality standards and Chinese low price.. I am QC manager last 14 years in China.... period!

Okay. I will look, what the first customers say, when they have their controller and played a little bit with it. If they have a good opinion about the joystick, i will also order one or two and also ask some of my friends, which also into retro-gaming, if they are interested. Optically the stick is really great, I especially like the yellow (lime) and light-green case.

• Lets say like that ... By my "investigation of retro market" This is the best buy until now ! Injected case...different colors ...robust long lasting easy replaceable parts ... Unbelievable low pre-sales price (price will go up soon ...25 USD..which is also cheap) ..Nice retro design ... Good product made with European quality standards and Chinese low price.. I am QC manager last 14 years in China.... period!

Okay. I will look, what the first customers say, when they have their controller and played a little bit with it. If they have a good opinion about the joystick, i will also order one or two and also ask some of my friends, which also into retro-gaming, if they are interested. Optically the stick is really great, I especially like the yellow (lime) and light-green case.

Ok

• So far the pictures look REALLY promising and I'm really longing for some newly buyable, professionally built 9-pin joysticks!

Do you know already when the current batch will be shipped, and do you know whether you might be able to produce larger batches (or improve production time) in the future?

I am waiting for China Post to start with delivery to EU COUNTRIES... COVID19 Make a lot of mess and delays... If is really big demand for joysticks that I can not handle production by my self I will arrange outsourcing.. Until that moment I will do it by my self

• Ich liebäugle ja auch mit dem durchsichtig roten Joystick. Der sieht richtig sexy aus... aber alleine 10$ nur für den Versand finde ich auch ein wenig hoch.

Das ist der Grund, weshalb ich noch keinen bestellt habe...

Vielleicht gibt es ja die Möglichkeit einer Sammelbestellung 🕹

Well... Everything is possible... But lot of complication to save few usd...or no saving .. . If for example we deliver 100 joysticks (about 50kg) by DHL to Germany... Cost will be about 500-600 usd... Let's say 5 usd per joystick... Custom duty and tax will be about 7-8 usd per pc..inside of Germany delivery on address can not be lower than 5usd per pc . Then... Finally... Price will be 38 usd on door... No savings!!!!

• Later I can offer original SANWA parts but ...you know...price will be 15-20 USD more !

By the way, because you mentioned that, this indeed would be a great idea! I am absolutely sure, if such a stick with Sanwa original parts then would cost around 40,- USD, which is 35,69 EURO in the end, you would also find alot people, which are interested in it, because that would still be a very good price for that parts.

I would definitely buy two or three of such sticks then. Such a nice case and the original parts in it, and all for still such a good price then, i would not need to think 1 minute before purchasing. :)

• Yes, reason is obvious..By most countries import rules "import from China bellow 20 USD will be without Custom and Tax duty" ! I declare 19.99 USD price!

Btw, joystick weight with parcel is about 500gr. It is heavy monster ... I think that even inside of your country delivery price will be about 10 USD..maybe more (not euros)!

Just for the record: there is a certain chance that something somewhat big/heavy very close to the 22€ EU import VAT exemption will be withheld by the customs office. In this case you need to show them a proper bill or they even demand to see the online shop where you bought it. If it becomes clear that the price paid was actually $30.99 this could be seen as tax fraud. The price tag would not be an issue for me if the joysticks were shipped from within the EU or the UK as long as it still has access to the European single market but from outside the EU a fake $20 customs declaration with an actual $31 dollar price/invoice is somewhat problematic.
    As a side note, there is also the problem of the CE markings, but that's another story.

Just for the record: there is a certain chance that something somewhat big/heavy very close to the 22€ EU import VAT exemption will be withheld by the customs office. In this case you need to show them a proper bill or they even demand to see the online shop where you bought it. If it becomes clear that the price paid was actually $30.99 this could be seen as tax fraud. The price tag would not be an issue for me if the joysticks were shipped from within the EU or the UK as long as it still has access to the European single market but from outside the EU a fake $20 customs declaration with an actual $31 dollar price/invoice is somewhat problematic.
    As a side note, there is also the problem of the CE markings, but that's another story.

Well, even you pay your China gadget 1 euro... And show your regular bill with 1 euro price on it... And show website with 1 euro price for your toy... Custom officer have legal rights to judge different... But in 99% of cases situation is different... Joystick in parcel will be about 400 grams (need to check it again)... Price on the website is 19.99 usd... I will issue bill of 19.99 inside of parcel.... We do our part of the job... If you are "lucky" to be in 1% of potential "winners"... Then... Will be no fraud... Just ... 11USD is for transportation not for product... They can charge you custom duty and tax... On the end price will be less than 45USD which in worst scenario.... Which is still cheapest price for this kind of joystick on the market...

• 22€ is the limit including shipping costs. Again, I'm not complaining about the pricing itself but the reasoning about $20 product price being free is simply wrong for the EU. Besides, there's the chance that products without CE markings are confiscated and destroyed if a strict customs office detects this. So shipping from within the EU would be much less of a risk and hassle for the customers even if it wouldn't be cheaper.

• 22€ is the limit including shipping costs. Again, I'm not complaining about the pricing itself but the reasoning about $20 product price being free is simply wrong for the EU. Besides, there's the chance that products without CE markings are confiscated and destroyed if a strict customs office detects this. So shipping from within the EU would be much less of a risk and hassle for the customers even if it wouldn't be cheaper.

• I understand your meaning, well... I can provide RohS certificates for every part and package all parts separately... Declared like parts that don't need to be assembled (spare parts) and because they are no need to be CE certificated (only whole product on market need to be)... In this case we can be legal and avoid trouble for this 1% cases.. Just like idea... One Schraubenzieher and Voila! ;)

• 22€ is the limit including shipping costs. Again, I'm not complaining about the pricing itself but the reasoning about $20 product price being free is simply wrong for the EU.

Greift hier nicht noch die Bagatellgrenze von 5€? Falls ja geht ab Juli der Stick auch mit ausgewiesenem Porto locker durch. Zumindest in Deutschland. CE ist natürlich ein anderes Thema, aber wenn das Paket bezüglich Einfuhrumsatz durch gewunken wird, sollte das auch nicht mehr sooo gefährlich werden. Kleines Risiko bleibt natürlich.