Hello, Guest the thread was called531 times and contains 9 replays

last post from adtbm at the

Little demo program for using the DMA command in BASIC 10

• Last night I wrote a little demo program on the Xemu emulator (C65 mode) to get a feeling of the new BASIC commands.

I was very impressed by the speed of the DMA command. It is described in the Mega65 manual at page 93:

I wrote a little demo program which fill the textscreen with the pressed key. If ESC is pressed, the program clears the screen and end.

Nothing special, just to see how fast the whole screen (80 x 25 = 2.000 characters) get filled.
    Answer: Veryyyyyyy fast! And it's a BASIC(!) command. =O

I attached the program as a zipped D81 discimage, if someone is interested to test it on real hardware (or Xemu).

Do someone know a method to export the C65 BASIC program as text, to read it with a normal editor?

I've used DirMaster v3.1.3/Style to create the disc image and I can drag and drop the PRG file to the new D81 discimage. But I see no option to export the C65(!) BASIC program as text.

• Save as Seqfile (PETSCII) should work like in C64/128/+4

open <channel>

cmd <chanel?>

list

close <chanel>

Summfing like datt it was.

Look for Syntax for CMD command, it redirects the output from screen to a file (in PETSCII instead as in Tokens like Basic does @ saving.

• CMD X

Funktion: Leitet Daten, die eigentlich auf dem Bildschirm ausgegeben werden, auf ein entsprechendes Peripheriegerät um, z.B. auf Drucker, Diskettenlaufwerk oder Datasette.

Hierbei ist X wiederum das File, das zuvor in der OPEN Anweisung benutzt wurde, um das Peripheriegerät anzusprechen. Bei Benutzung der Befehle PRINT und LIST werden die Daten dann auf das logische File übertragen.

(Zitiert aus dem -> Der neue Commodore 128 von Data Becker)

• Snoopy Interessanter wäre statt den Bildschirm mit ein und das gleiche Zeichen zu füllen, ob du damit z.B. eine Bildschirmmaske rasant Kopieren kannst.

Also z.B. es steht ein bild wie dem Norton Commander, dann rufst du Hilfe (HELP), der sichert (mit DMA) den Bildschirm, pastet ein Bildschirm (oder nur ein Bereich) mit Hilfstext natürlich auch mittels DMA, und 'Restorest' hinterher den gesicherten Status zurück.

• I was very impressed by the speed of the DMA command. It is described in the Mega65 manual at page 93:

Funny how that description does not match the syntax in your program, the number of parameters is off. :D

How did you find out the correct syntax?

Answer: Veryyyyyyy fast! And it's a BASIC(!) command.

So what?

Do someone know a method to export the C65 BASIC program as text, to read it with a normal editor?

Just use petcat from VICE.

By the way, the program uses token $fe $1f, not $fe $23 as given in the manual.

• Snoopy Interessanter wäre statt den Bildschirm mit ein und das gleiche Zeichen zu füllen, ob du damit z.B. eine Bildschirmmaske rasant Kopieren kannst.

Also z.B. es steht ein bild wie dem Norton Commander, dann rufst du Hilfe (HELP), der sichert (mit DMA) den Bildschirm, pastet ein Bildschirm (oder nur ein Bereich) mit Hilfstext natürlich auch mittels DMA, und 'Restorest' hinterher den gesicherten Status zurück.

Danke für die Anregung! Das probiere ich mal aus, wenn ich bisschen Luft dafür habe.

• I'd the info about the DMA command from this textfile: c65manualupdated.txt.gz

• if i find some minutes between testing bitstreams, shipping preseries MEGA65, etc., i'll give it a try as well.

Thanks for sharing !