I tested mine out again, and it seems to work quite well without any problems. I don't recall having problems with it before, either -- it's about a year now. I'll watch out for any issues if there are any. Cheers
My Keyrah v2 arrived yesterday and it's working great.
I have not been able to reproduce the ghosting effect mentioned further above,
but probably just because i don't have a second player atm i could test it with.
here is a quick video:
thie Widget board on this picture is mine and i have built it myself with instructions from the MEGA65 Github pages.
If you read this thread: you can find more information:
If it's only for a c64 keyboard and some joysticks, get the Keyrah v2 here:
it's roughly 40€ + p&p and works fine.
If you own a c65 keyboard, that you want to connect, then you have to build
your own widget board. If you have decent soldering skills, i still have one
empty pcb left.
The Widget board is fully functional, but the expansion port is not implemented in the fw. Also
no paddle support.
MEGA stopped developing the fw, since they're doing their own Motherboard now, but the hardware design of the Widgetboard is complete.
Others are of course free to continue working on the firmware for the widget board, this is the joy of open-source. However, as mentioned, we are busy working to get the MEGA65 motherboards finished and working.
Continuing the thread from the old Mega65 forum: with my today commit the emulated 1541 finally started moving head and blinking the red LED on LOAD"$",8 Loading does not work yet, though - not yet known why.
Something is probably wrong with jsr iec_wait100us / jsr iec_wait60us - I needed to insert several of them (too many I think) to make the EOI recognized...
Hi and Thanks for the update !
I hope, that it is possible, to implement the Threads from the old forum, then i will attach your post to the thread !
In the mean time LOAD started working... sort of
- only from drive 8 (hardcoded in BASIC)
- probably just once in the lifecycle - cleaning-up the drive status after loading does not work yet
For all curious, you can download precompiled binaries here - just don't mix these ROMs with Commodore Kernal/BASIC, or bad things will happen.
It's just not compatible enough. You wouldn't believe how incomplete this code currently is - some problems with the LOAD are there because there is no turnaround-to-talker implemented yet. And there is gazillion of such missing pieces there; the only reason a lot of games already work is that they take over the whole C64 and don't care about it's ROMs.
You can safely use original chargen, though
adtbm - what about your plans for conditional compilation? I see two use cases:
1. For the purpose of development I replaced the fancy Mega65 banner with a simple generic one (it displays faster and does not interfere with my old C64 debugging habits, by doing things like sta $0400 or stx $0402 in the interesting places), but I imagine it might upset some users. I would like to be able to build BASIC images with different banners (generic one, for Mega 65, for Ultimate 64, etc.)
2. It appears my Ultimate 64 provides an easy to use method to load data from internal IEC generic 'drive' really quickly - it would be nice to incorporate it in the Kernal, but... it would be better to do it in U64-specific Kernal build. Same for device #2, on U64 it is probably possible to write Kernal routines accessing it's built-in modem emulation instead of User Port. But for all these we would need U64-specific builds.
I have tried to put some platform-specific code in subdirectories (and using Ophis macros to inject hooks into core Kernal/BASIC), but I couldn't get it to work due to preprocess tool unable to handle more than one assembler files directory.
if it is OK with you, i will leave the answer to your question to Paul (mega65 is his username here)
I am certain, he will see your message soon and will reply.
Ah, OK. This is not that urgent, I still have quite some IEC work to do.
For different targets, I would recommend making a single directory for each target, and then symlinking files into that directory for the unchanged ones. Later I will come up with something more elegant, but it will work for now.