Hallo Besucher, der Thread wurde 1,8k mal aufgerufen und enthält 4 Antworten

letzter Beitrag von kiranshila am

JTAG and working with a PC

• Hey there,

I am developing a synthesizer project with the FPGASid and I am looking for guidance on how to reprogram and configure the FPGASID using my computer. I see references that it can be reprogrammed with the JTAG port, but I am unsure how to do so with the binary in multiple parts.

Please advise.

• My project is not at this point yet, but I think: if you can POKE a value to the chips, it must be possible to set the values for a new configuration into the FpgaSids using the same system you are using your Synth in.
    But it will be dependent if you are developing only the hardware, or developing the software as well.

It sure will be the method I'm planned to use in my project.

• I am developing a synthesizer project with the FPGASid and I am looking for guidance on how to reprogram and configure the FPGASID using my computer. I see references that it can be reprogrammed with the JTAG port, but I am unsure how to do so with the binary in multiple parts.

@kiranshila, please precise your question:
    Do you want to update the FPGASID firmware via JTAG??
    Or do you want to change the configuration such as mono/stereo/6581/8580 etc....

For Configuration changes I recommend to study the register description here:
    http://www.fpgasid.de/documentation --> Technical Documents --> FPGASID_Register_Description.pdf
    I can help out with the source code of ConfiGuru (6502 assembler) where you could get some more insight how to change the registers for the various modes. (I should release these sources anyway...)

Regarding Firmware updates the situation is that I officially do no longer support JTAG updates. Only updating in a C64 is supported. And I strongly recommend to update the FPGASID Firmware only by using a C64 or C128. I will not release binaries for the JTAG programmers anymore.
    This is because many people had trouble installing and using the Altera JTAG programmer software combined with many Windows issues that I had to solve via email. That was no fun. :-(