Hallo Besucher, der Thread wurde 1,1k mal aufgerufen und enthält 5 Antworten

letzter Beitrag von marty am

What player works in Stereo on this FPGASID?

• I was looking though my old disk knowing long ago I made some programs auto find the 2nd SID chip in the C65 I have. I found some C65 1581 disk and tested a karate one. It works with the FPGA SID and I know because I unplug the RCA cables one by one and can't hear the fighting sounds or the music at one time. So it auto finds were you got the 2nd chip address to. That is very good. I did not have to edit it. I uploaded it to my Google drive here: This don't like out side links it said to attach it so I did. It's end was .P00 I just used JiffyDOS x type copy to copy it to the SD card to get it on here and that is how it copied it. I renamed it to .prg so not sure if will work my have to rename it to .P00.

So at lest I found some sort of player that works with it.
    karate_stereo.prg
    -Raymond Day

• As I wrote in the other thread, I don't reckon this behaviour as "Stereo", but rather as "Pseudo Stereo", because it just spreads the existing channels to the left or to the right SID chip.
    Did you notice that the FPGASID supports this way of spreading the channels to left or right itself, it's called "Pseudo Stereo" and works without special versions of games and even with just one SID. ;)

• I think with time I will edit some programs to work with it the Stereo Editor and stereo player. But now what programs work with this to play stereo?

Is it just about the detection of the second SID? Otherwise, sidplay in its different derivation works out of the box by setting the right address at the start of the programm. Most of the twin SID demos I have tested so far work too except for a few which are looking for some very specific response to detect the address of the second SID. Manual configuration works all the time.

• As I wrote in the other thread, I don't reckon this behaviour as "Stereo", but rather as "Pseudo Stereo", because it just spreads the existing channels to the left or to the right SID chip.
    Did you notice that the FPGASID supports this way of spreading the channels to left or right itself, it's called "Pseudo Stereo" and works without special versions of games and even with just one SID. ;)

But the "Pseudo Stereo" is just taking the 3 voices and spreads them to the 2 sides. I all ways have mine set to Stereo.

• But the "Pseudo Stereo" is just taking the 3 voices and spreads them to the 2 sides. I all ways have mine set to Stereo.

Please explain in detail what you think what Stereo is in that case? I would like to understand what you are referring to. :D
    The games are designed to originally have 3 voices. If you expand them to "Stereo" and the second SID, what do you do? Do you compose 3 new voices, for the other channel, or do you just copy the existing three voices over to the other channel and call it Stereo?