Hallo Besucher, der Thread wurde 1,4k mal aufgerufen und enthält 6 Antworten

letzter Beitrag von Claus am

[Kickstarter] Non-Destructive Commodore Raspi Conversion Frame

• Non-Destructive Commodore 64c Raspberry Pi Conversion Frame
    Turn your Commodore 64c platform into a retro-look Raspberry Pi computer.

Klick mich an

-----------------

You may have fond memories of your first computer, the Commodore 64, or experienced the dawn of the age of personal computers. This project realizes a desire to work with modern technology while experiencing what it was like to engage one of these pieces of history.
    If you've traveled the net you've undoubtedly come across variants of this concept, however, they are typically destructive in nature. My fondness for this old technology coupled with the respect that I have for it became the driving force in creating a non-destructive solution to this idea.
    I have developed a framework that mounts in an original 64c case, using the factory mounting points and screws. The end result is the deployment of a Raspberry Pi 2 or 3 in a Commodore 64c case. Recently, there was a successful Kickstarter campaign that reproduced these cases in quantity. These are ideal cases for this project and are showcased in the prototype design. Further to this, Individual Computers located in Germany are in the process of preparing the release of an all new run of the Commodore 64c cases in exciting new colors. These cases will be ideal for the framework we've designed.
    The goal of this project is to convert an old Commodore 64c computer (or utilize a Kickstarter 64c case / or Individual Computers case) into a Raspberry Pi machine that can be completely reversed should the user desire it.
    Beyond the 3D design, existing technology is utilized to complete the task. Individual Computers produces a product called the Keyrah v2. This is used as the keyboard and joystick interface for the Raspberry Pi and of course, the Raspberry Pi 2 or 3 is the core computer.
    Two versions of the framework will be produced. The first has already been prototyped. This is the "Basic" framework that covers all of the access ports on the back of the case allowing the end user to install whatever cabling they'd like to use. This is ideal for the maker/hacker. The "Port Opened" version has cable openings designed into the 3D models utilizing commercially obtainable cables. Suggested cable sources will be provided to backers of this project.
    Please keep in mind that these STL files are for your personal use only, should not be shared and may not be used to commercially reproduce the frameworks.

Stretch Goals:
    If the funding total of $2000.00 is achieved,
    I will produce a basic framework set for the Commodore VIC-20. STL's for this will additionally be provided to all backers.

If the funding total of $2500.00 is achieved,
    I will produce a basic framework set for the Commodore Breadbin 64. STL's for this will additionally be provided to all backers.

If the funding total of $3000.00 is achieved,
    I will produce a basic framework set for the Commodore Plus-4. STL's for this will additionally be provided to all backers .

If the funding total of $3500.00 is achieved,
    I will produce a basic framework set for the Commodore 16. STL's for this will additionally be provided to all backers .

• Wenn noch ein Paar mitmachen, dann sind alle Stretchgoals freigeschaltet. Das ist wenig Risiko und ein sehr nützliches Konstrukt für Raspi Fans. Und Leergehäuse gibt es ja demnächst genügend neue zu kaufen.

Gruß
    Tom

EDIT:

Off Topic im Thread entfernt und bitte keine Themen vermischen

• Witzige Idee! Und auch mal ein Kickstarterprojekt mit bescheidenem Scope und Budget, so wird das auch was :thumbup: