Hallo Besucher, der Thread wurde 18k mal aufgerufen und enthält 54 Antworten

letzter Beitrag von Sylvester am

alternativer Filebrowser

• Zitat

Originally posted by tnt
    I think DMA could still be used by swapping data between MMC64 and REU memory.

I must have had temporarily brain paralysis yesterday - REU will overwrite the shift register when it's writing to MMC64, so when it reads from MMC64 one cycle later it wil get that same data back, possibly with a bit ar two of data read from card.

Anyway, this is purely theoretical as don't have REU and can't test any of this.

• Some of you might be interested in IDE64 browser 0.4alpha, picture here.

Keyboard feels sluggish during FAT scan, you have to live with it for a while. Also, no program loading so it's only a toy for a while.

All future features in the browser will work with IDE64 without additional effort. The code can now be adapted to any other interface with very little effort, too - current IDE64 code is only 170 lines, 229 bytes :)

• Hello,
    I have not found the program yet, for running multiple D64 game disks. Anyone can give us the link if he knows ?
    Secondly, Is it possible that the older C64 executes the *.prgs faster than the newer
    C-64 II ? I have both Computers so I could do the test. The difference is about 2x.
    Thirdly, is there any program that hacks Commodore's screenmode to higher resolutions (without the flickering trick) ?

Sylvester

• You cannot hotswap disks thus you cant use multiimage games.
    Search for the IDE64 fix and run that instead. Or simply copy the d64 to an original disk.

Cant say something about the second as i am a C128D User. *g*

And for the third one, you cant get a higher res without interlacing.
    320x200 is the res of the VIC.

• Thanks,
    I use my C-128D too, I just did some tests with my other C-64s.
    By the way is it difficult to build a switcher for the Internal 1571 floppy (for the C128D) to "9" when it's nessesary ?
    Does VIC-20 works with MMC64 ? I saw the screenshot by TNT. The "ram" expander must be at 32KB mode or it works too at lower memory setups such as 8 or 16 kb?
    Also, when we will expect the new version of the filebrowser for MMC64 ?

Sylvester

• Zitat

Originally posted by Sylvester
    By the way is it difficult to build a switcher for the Internal 1571 floppy (for the C128D) to "9" when it's nessesary ?

1571 board has clearly marked jumper pads next to 6522 chip. Cut them open and add switches, that will allow you to change between device 8-11. I think pad marked with "J1" was the lower bit, so adding switch to it allows 8/9 change. Just cut it open and see what device number you get - if it's 9, just add switch, if it's 10 close the pad with solder and cut the other pad.

Zitat

Does VIC-20 works with MMC64 ? I saw the screenshot by TNT.

Sorry, no. I have VIC-20 logo plate on my C64 :)

Zitat

Also, when we will expect the new version of the filebrowser for MMC64 ?

This year.

• Zitat

And for the third one, you cant get a higher res without interlacing.
    320x200 is the res of the VIC.

Well, this is half-true: by using scrolling together with interlacing you can actually double the resolution in the respective direction. Just check Krestage 1 & 2, you can see it REALLY well on an Emulator because you can see the pixels more clearly! ;-)

• So you mean with enough cpu-time you could have 640x400 on a VIC?
    But with using the scrolling register it dosnt seem practical for, for example, Contiki.
    You could have some background programm using the raster-irq but it would make contiki slow as hell on a stock c64.

• Hello all and a happy new year filled with commodore 8-bit new upgrades and special devices.

First of all, I have downloaded all the plugins for the alternative browser from this site and text viewer plugin does not work for me. Is it possible to work with a specific file size ?
    Secondly, a question you may know. I need a cartridge expander (with 3-4 cartridge available ports). Is any known incombatibility issue with the MMC64 ?

I am using Siel's Sound Buggy that yesterday I found the d64 (thanks god), the old floppy disk was dead. The D64 is not working via MMC64. The reason is that in FLOPPY DISK mode it works with the LOAD"*",8,1 .
    Via MMC64 execution, the alternative browser opens the D64 contents, but none of the PRGs inside is not the "special" executable that runs the program (Sound Buggy). So, I am wondering If you can create a shell type plugin, for being able to execute the internal contents of a D64 via typing Load "$" or "*"...etc

Thanks again and stay "Commodore" this year too :-)

Sylvester