e5frog and SkydivinGirl are happy to present the VIC-20 Final Expansion 3 Rev 11.
This revision of the Final Expansion 3 is functionally equivalent to both the Rev 9 and Rev 10 versions that have been sold in the past. It features the following:
• Built-In Menu System.
• A Built-in SD2IEC drive capable of running the latest SD2IEC firmware.
• SD2IEC EEPROM File System (Beta). Allows you to store some files in the SD2IEC without using an SD card. See SD2IEC documentation for usage.
• Diskloader to access files on the SD2IEC from the menu system.
• Battery Backed Real Time Clock (RTC) for accurate Time/Date stamps on SD2IEC.
• 512KB configurable memory expansion.
• 512KB Programmable ROM. Flash your programs to ROM directly from your VIC-20.
• FE3 DOS Wedge with SJLoad (JiffyDOS Compatible Load/Save).
• Dual Reset Buttons – Resets current running configuration or back to menu.
Final Expansion WIKI: sleepingelephant.com/denial/wi…php?title=Final_Expansion
Final Expansion Manual: koti.kapsi.fi/~jvaltane/vic20/…nsion%20User%20Manual.pdf
The Final Expansion 3 Rev 11 has the following changes:
• Dual IEC Headers allow you to use standard IEC cables as well as connect other IEC devices to your VIC-20 at the same time.
• IEC cables can still be soldered directly to the PCB in place of the IEC headers if you prefer. Strain relief holes are provided on the PCB to allow for this type of assembly.
• Component changes to allow for easier sourcing of parts and assembly of the kit.
• Tactile switches allow for easier case mounting and removal of the case when replacing the Battery.
• Downloadable 3D case designed by COREi64. (See Below)
• One of three labels to match the case mounting option of your choice: Standard VIC-20 case without IEC Headers (cable directly wired), Standard VIC-20 case with IEC headers (top case cut to accommodate IEC Headers), or COREi64 designed case.
• EEPROM pre-programmed with games by Jeffrey Daniels of the VIC-20 DENIAL Website.
Final Expansion 3 Rev 11 Prototype
Final Expansion 3 Rev 11 Production PCB
COREi64 is designing a 3D case for the Final Expansion 3 Rev 11 that anyone can download and print for free. He will also be selling printed cases on his web store. He is still working on the case so I will update this post once it is ready.
I have 25 Units available for this batch. These units are available in either Kit form to assemble yourself or fully assembled devices. There are some surface mount components. I will mount these components free for people who want kits but are unable to mount these parts themselves.
PCBs are already here! Kits and assembled devices will ship in December.
$65.00 - Kit
$110.00 - Fully Assembled & Tested
The first ten orders I receive (from any web site) will receive a $5 discount for each device. I will also give a $5 discount to those of you who have purchased a SaV64 from the current run. These discounts stack so you can get up to $10 off each device. If you’ve already ordered a SaV64, this can probably be added to your order without additional shipping costs.
Please send me a PM with your Full Name and Full Shipping Address as well as the number of devices so I can give you an accurate shipping quote. Also let me know if you want fully assembled devices or kits. Money from pre-orders is used to purchase parts. Therefore, no refunds can be given on pre-orders. You will receive the products you purchase.
Shipping Notice: Each device is about 6 Ounces. Shipping one device to most countries outside the USA will cost around $13.50. Shipping more than one device will cost around $22.50. Please send me your mailing address via PM along with the number of kits you want so I can get you an accurate shipping quote. Shipping to Canada is less expensive than other International destinations. Shipping up to three devices within the USA is $6.80. If shipping prices change between the time you place your pre-order and the actual shipping date, you will be responsible for the difference.
I also have C8D Joystick Switchers available.
Payment can be paid via PayPal Gift/Personal Payment or Standard PayPal. If you are paying with standard PayPal, you must use a fully insured shipping method and pay any PayPal fees. Fully insured International packages are about twice the cost of the First Class International service that I normally use. Be sure to let me know if you want a shipping quote for a fully insured package.
Please read the following before contacting me to buy:
Please be courteous of my time. If you do not contact me after I take the time to get a shipping quote and send it to you then I will not sell anything to you in the future. All I ask is that you respond, even if the shipping quote is too high or something comes up and you can't afford it.
A huge thanks to Diddl and everyone who has worked on the Final Expansion 3. I also could not have offered this project without the tireless efforts of e5frog. He does amazing PCB design and I’m happy to have partnered with him to bring another amazing kit to the community.