Hallo Besucher, der Thread wurde 5k mal aufgerufen und enthält 25 Antworten

letzter Beitrag von Ahlon am

Ultimate Opus V0.2

• Hallo, den richtigen Sinn dahinter diesen Tool, verstehe ich nicht.

Hi,
    hier mal als Auszug der Hintergrung und die evtl. zukünftigen Möglichkeiten des genialen tools vom Autor
    lft, zu finden auf der Ultimate homepage im Forum:

Background

The 1541 Ultimate (1541U) is an excellent C64/C128 cartridge that allows you to
    easily load programs (and SID tunes) and mount disk images from SD cards and
    USB drives. Unfortunately, it does not provide a way to copy files between USB
    and SD. Thus, if you have a nice collection of software on the SD card inside
    your 1541U, and you wish to share a particular file with a friend that you meet
    at a demo party, until now the only way to transfer it was to get a flat-headed
    screwdriver, eject the SD card, connect the SD card (possibly via an adapter)
    to a PC, make a copy, and then take it from there.

Ultimate Opus

Starting with version 2.6 of the firmware (1541U-II only), the Ultimate may be
    configured to expose an Ultimate Command Interface, which is a small set of
    registers ($df1c-$df1f) that give C64 applications a way to read and write
    files and directories in the 1541U filesystem. As far as I know, Ultimate Opus
    is the first program to make use of it.

Quite simply, Ultimate Opus allows you to navigate the filesystem on your 1541U
    using a familiar two-pane filesystem view. In this first release, the only real
    command that is available is COPY.

In all its limited 0.1 glory, this program is still extremely useful, because
    it provides the single critical operation that has always been missing from the
    1541U. You can easily switch back and forth between the regular 1541U menu
    system and Ultimate Opus to e.g. create directories and rename files.

At last it is possible to organise your C64 software collection using your C64!

Future work

I am making this beta release in order to get early feedback, but also because
    I already find it quite useful myself.

In the long run, I want to support normal IEC devices, such as real or emulated
    floppy drives, along with the 1541U filesystem. This feature would e.g. allow
    party organisers to easily create floppies out of music and graphics compo
    entries handed in on USB drives.

I also want to support disk copying, e.g. from a D64 selected in one pane to an
    actual disk viewed in the other pane. If it is possible, I might implement
    unzipping. This would allow you to grab a bunch of releases from CSDb, put them
    on a USB stick, and then review them from the comfort of your C64, saving the
    good ones on your SD card as you go.

Finally, it would be nice to support bread-and-butter commands such as rename,
    delete and makedir. However, these operations are presently not exposed by the
    Ultimate Command Interface.

Please let me know what you think, and what features you would like to see in
    the future!

• Ich bekomme immer nur den Hinweistext mit dem grünen Background, obwohl ich im Menu F2 das Ultimate Command Interface auf enabled gestellt habe.

Mein Firmware ist 2.6 h

Woran könnte das liegen ??

@EDIT: Habs rausgefunden. Ich hatte die Final Cartridge aktiviert und musste diese deaktivieren, dann läufts.