Hello, Guest the thread was called2.7k times and contains 3 replays

last post from archeocomp at the

SD2IEC - programming

• Hi everybody,

Im very interested of SD2IEC. I there is posted many information about SD2IEC, but I dont speak german.
    So may I ask some questions ?

I built SD2IEC 1.2 - I used intructions from www.c64-wiki.com/index.php/SD2IEC. It is easy for me tu build it, but Im not experienced in programming of ATMEGA644P.

Please let me know answers for these questions:

1) When is right time to flash an ATMEGA644P ? When all parts is completely solderd on PBC or when only ATMEGA644P is soldered - I prefer second choice.
    2) What program and programmer are good to use ?
    For programs I got tips for PonyProg, ISP programmer and myAVR-ProgTool-V139-b2236_en_de (http://shop.myavr.com/index.php?sp=download.sp.php)
    For programmers is it possible to use STK200 (I attached schematic of it)
    May I use this programmer ? http://www.aliexpress.com/item…t-Win7-64K/817846333.html

3) Is necessary to use bootloader ? Is it possible to flash atmega directly by sd2iec-0.10.3-sw2-m644p.bin ?? In case YES, what fuses do I need to use ? In instructions are fuśes just for flashing of bootloader.
    4) For SD2IEC v1.2 is it possible to use sd2iec-0.9.1-LarsP-m644p.bin FIRMWARE ?

Im looking forward for yours tips and answers.
    Best regards,
    David

• 1) When is right time to flash an ATMEGA644P ? When all parts is completely solderd on PBC or when only ATMEGA644P is soldered - I prefer second choice.

You can do it either way, assuming that you can power the chip when nothing else is soldered on. Of course you should at least solder the bypass cap in addition to the ATmega - and while we're at it, I recommend the ATmega1284P instead.

2) What program and programmer are good to use ?

Whatever works best for you - personally I use an AVR Dragon and avrdude, but other people may prefer ponyprog and a simple parallel port programmer.

For programmers is it possible to use STK200 (I attached schematic of it)

Sure, that should probably work.

I don't know that one, but if it claims to support the ATmega644P or 1284P it will probably work.

3) Is necessary to use bootloader ? Is it possible to flash atmega directly by sd2iec-0.10.3-sw2-m644p.bin ??

Technically it is possible to not use the boot loader, but I consider devices that don't use it broken, especially if they get into the hands of someone who cannot program the AVR directly.

In case YES, what fuses do I need to use ? In instructions are fuśes just for flashing of bootloader.

Since not using the boot loader is discouraged I'll let you figure out that one yourself.

4) For SD2IEC v1.2 is it possible to use sd2iec-0.9.1-LarsP-m644p.bin FIRMWARE ?

Why would you want to use that particular version? If the device you built indeed matches the one from the wiki article, you need the "sw2" firmware, the others won't work.