Hallo Besucher, der Thread wurde 8,1k mal aufgerufen und enthält 33 Antworten

letzter Beitrag von RetroJeck am

Fixed JiffyDos for 1571 im DCR

• Ich klinke mich hier mal ein, da ich einen C128DCR mit 2x JiffyDos drinnen besitze. Aufgefallen ist mir das Problem allerdings noch nicht, da das Gerät bei mir zwar fix aufgebaut ist, aber wenig läuft und hauptsächlich als Erhöung für den Monitor genutzt wird. :anonym
    Ich kann das Programm bei Gelegenheit testen und stehe auch weiters zur Verfügung. :)

• Zitat

NLQ lass doch die Bombe mal platzen. Ich mach morgen mal die restlichen Tests. Das Prog hier im Thread kann ich dann auch testen.

Kann man die Timings durch ein verändertes ROM fixen?

Ich habe mal das 1571DCR-JiffyDOS gepatcht. Bit 7 und 6 werden 1µs länger von der 1571 gehalten.
    x1541, dessen C128 das Problem hatte, hat es getestet und keine gekippten Bytes mehr feststellen können und auch das Testprogramm von abraXxl ergab keine Fehler.
    1570 hat wieder ein perfekten Online-Patcher erstellt: http://dtvforge.ath.cx/j1571dcr/
    Wieder einmal vielen Dank an alle.

• Zitat

Ich klinke mich hier mal ein, da ich einen C128DCR mit 2x JiffyDos drinnen besitze. Aufgefallen ist mir das Problem allerdings noch nicht, da das Gerät bei mir zwar fix aufgebaut ist, aber wenig läuft und hauptsächlich als Erhöung für den Monitor genutzt wird. :anonym
    Ich kann das Programm bei Gelegenheit testen und stehe auch weiters zur Verfügung. :)

Du könntest mal das angehängte Programm ausführen. Wichtig ist, dass du den C64-Modus benutzt und dass absolut gar nichts an der seriellen Buchse des C128 angeschlossen ist. Wie ein fehlerhaftes DIR aussieht kannst du am dritten Bild sehen in: Chameleon64 und JiffyDOS

• I do appreciate the help and the resolution. I am reading the dialogue now. I currently understand this is a PAL 1571DCR option, so I need to modify the store to sell C128DCR PAL (which includes the PAL 1571DCR drive ROM) and C128DCR NTSC, correct?

I'll need to look through my sold listings and send out new ROMs to the PAL folks with C128DCRs. And, to those who worked on this and tested, please let me know how I can show my appreciation.

Jim

• Zitat

I do appreciate the help and the resolution. I am reading the dialogue now. I currently understand this is a PAL 1571DCR option, so I need to modify the store to sell C128DCR PAL (which includes the PAL 1571DCR drive ROM) and C128DCR NTSC, correct?

I'll need to look through my sold listings and send out new ROMs to the PAL folks with C128DCRs. And, to those who worked on this and tested, please let me know how I can show my appreciation.

Thank you for reading in a German forum. You are 100% correct, the C128DCR-bin is unchanged, one just have to correct the 1571DCR-bin. It's a pleasure to help to improve the C64/C128, there is nothing else more to do.

• Zitat

Jim

Hi Jim.

There a also those who bought the ROM from CMD or Maurice. Like me. So you could write an announcement to cbm-hackers and comp.sys.cbm to spread the news to our English speaking friends in PAL-land.

I don't need a replacement because I already burnt my own ROM. ;)

Nicolas

• Yes, I am working on a communication.

I realize such a request is a gross imposition, but I have reason to believe that the C128DCR ROM and the C128 ROM might have issues as well. I know of two different versions of the C128DCR ROM, and I know there is an issue with the C128 functionality (Control-D does not work in 128 mode). I have started the think the message would mean more if I could talk to all of the issues, not just this one, but I am needing help to understand the other issues. Thus, I am wondering if there would be any interest in helping analyze the 2 other issues.

1) Two different copies of C128DCR ROM
    2) C128 ROM has issues, and it looks like using the C128DCR KERNAL for C128 mode fixes them, but I don't know if I am missing something.

Jim

• I don't have a Jiffydos Kernal for the C128 or C128DCR. I use the one that is built into the RAMlink and SCPU. Are those also buggy?

There must be many versions of C128 and C128DCR Jiffydos. Different language versions and different underlying CBM Kernal versions. If the Kernal version does not match the version of the installed BASIC ROM, problems are to be expected.

If there is a known good version based on the C128DCR ROM, it will work in all C128, if installed together with the matching BASIC ROM Version.