Hallo Besucher, der Thread wurde 6k mal aufgerufen und enthält 24 Antworten

letzter Beitrag von MIRKOSOFT am

AVR removed = Serial Port hangs not

• Hi Jochen!

Skern, the Dienstagstreff-man who had repaired your circuit, phoned me. He told that your circuit worked when he tested it before sending and that he had flashed the NLQHD-firmware with devicenumber 8.

So, I did last test. Cables and PSU are ok...

As you wrote , Skern flashed my AVR with NLQ firmware - so, I replace new chip. I inserted AVR which flashed Skern.
    But I can't find the drive (and nothing was replaced, only AVR since IEC-ATA comes back from Skern).
    So, here's my Q:

CAN I TRY TO CAL&CON (calibrate and search for disk)?

Thanks.

Miro

• (1) No, this is senseless. The Skern-AVR pulls IEC-Data to active even when JR is closed and when it should make a hardware-reset. I think that the Skern-AVR is defective, but I don't know why it worked at Skern but didn't work at you. The new AVR works, because it can send debugbytes. The problem is that it can access the external RAM but cannot access the IDE-HD. As long as this doesn't work the AVR locks the bus and it's senseless to try to calibrate. You must first solve the problem why the AVR cannot access the HD, after his you can try to calibrate.
    (2) No, this doesn't work.
    (3) Yesterday you described your IDE-connection. I think that this is correct.
    (4) Four weeks ago you wrote this in a personal email. I still cannot understand why the circuit worked at Skern but didn't work at you. I flashed many AVRs, I made many short-circuits, but so far I never destroyed an AVR. Skern told me that he had to replace three defective chips. Now the AVR is probably again defective and perhaps the HC573 too. Perhaps your power-supply gives a too high voltage to IEC-ATA. So the circuit was defective at once when you connected it after having received it from Skern? Some power-supplies need a minimal load at 5V or 12V to work correctly. I read in a computer-magazine that somebody managed to connect the power-supply-plug in a wrong direction, so that 12V were at 5V. This all could destroy the chips.
    If you want you can send me your circuit. But you would have to pay the shipping and the chips which I would have to replace. I don't have a HC573, so if this chip was defective it would need some time to buy one. If you wanted to send me your circuit then please send as much as possible: IEC-ATA, IDE-cable, the old Skern-M162-AVR, the enlagement-cable, perhaps your HD (if the parcel doesn't become too expensive, else don't send the HD).

• Hi Jochen!

Understand I correctly: Skern AVR (Dienstagstreff.de software) works only after HW-reset and if is RESET-jumper closed?

So, all the advices from Dienstagstreff.de are not correctly - if I remember correctly, there's written that RESET-jumper must be open...

And if is the AVR still OK, which device has IEC-ATA?

Now, this night I'll try all the possibilities and if it will not work, really can send it to you...

!It's not your job, but if you do st. for me, I want to give you money - simple like - merit award!

You're really good friend.

Thanks.

Miro

• Zitat

Understand I correctly: Skern AVR (Dienstagstreff.de software) works only after HW-reset and if is RESET-jumper closed? So, all the advices from Dienstagstreff.de are not correctly
    And if is the AVR still OK, which device has IEC-ATA?

No, you don't understand correct. JR means Jumper Reset. This means that it pulls the reset-pin of the AVR to 0V. This means that the AVR must make a permanent hardware-reset. This means that the AVR should make all pins to input, so all inputs go to 5V, so the IEC-bus must be free, not locked. The Skern-AVR pulls the IEC-Data-line to 0V even when JR is closed. This doesn't mean at all that it works when JR is closed; this means that it is (probably) defective. It's senseless to put it in the circuit and to try to access it with devicenumber 8 instead of 14. When the AVR is defective this cannot work. All advices from Dienstagstreff are 100% ok except your one. If the AVR was ok you couldn't access it anyway as long as the AVR cannot access the HD. First the HD-accessing-problem must be solved; after this you can try to access the AVR from your C128. At the moment you have no chance to access the AVR, one is defective and the working ones cannot access the HD.