Hello, Guest the thread was called8.1k times and contains 67 replays

last post from Snoopy at the

MEGA65 Preorder live

• I sure can believe the low number of per-orders, as it was already evident when the other thread was still open. There was the number of about 700 given, and also quite some time later the talk was at about 800. Would be nice if the team could give some more concrete numbers/update though.

You can currently still pre-order a MEGA65 from Trenz. So I assume at least that not all 1400 units are gone yet. But I can't find more information about the pre-sale or any problems with it. :nixwiss:

• Rumors like this are caused by a lack of information about Mage65 orders an production.

Keep in mind, all buyer payed in advance.

That stimulates fantasy and fear.

But I wouldn‘t be that pessimistic.

Final price was published end of September.

At that point of time everybody was aware about global chip crisis.

And I think Trenz is clever enough to make a price that covers all risks.

It‘s not their first project!

Only delivery delays caused by a lack of chips/parts is something we have to face.

adtbm (and team members)

I think it‘s a good idea to do an official statement about project status.

And I‘d prefer a short report with photos etc. (see my previous post).

• Keep in mind, all buyer payed in advance.

That stimulates fantasy and fear.

As you write, pre-orderers will probably be tense to anxious. What can be additionally "annoying" is, if you read such posts or as recently noticed, probably some (few?) pre-orderers got an email from Trenz that their delivery date will be postponed a few months.

You can also read in the news that there are worldwide delivery bottlenecks and problems for almost everything (including toys, bicycles, etc.). It could be that the MEGA65 is also affected. Let's wait and see when the first MEGA65s are delivered.

• I think this is a crap post. People always confuse this with Amazon and get restless when their shipments don't arrive in 2 days. The way I see it, everything is within the scheduled time frame. Dec 2021/2022.

But instead of waiting, they keep bothering the developers with questions and questions and questions. And if they don't like the answer they write a post to force the developers to react. I find this a very bad way.

• But instead of waiting, they keep bothering the developers with questions and questions and questions. And if they don't like the answer they write a post to force the developers to react. I find this a very bad way.

Part of managing a project is to deal with the stakeholders. ;) I don't see why it should be frowned upon asking the devs for an update after several weeks of ordering. Actually, when I managed The Dark Mod open source project, I always made a point to post regular updates (at least once a month) because I know how frustrating it is for the outside world to keep waiting without any information.

• I don't see a "big drama" here.

Drama enough to post it here.

Part of managing a project is to deal with the stakeholders.

Full agreement.

asking the devs for an update after several weeks of ordering

No problem. But some overdo it. Apparently there is nothing to report either.

• I don't understand what exactly the problem should be.

A colleague pointed out the article to me and asked me if I knew anything about it. I do not know and because it is of interest in the project, I asked here if someone knows something about it or if it is nonsense?

That is one thing that can be clarified by the team in one sentence and any uncertainties in this regard can be cleared up. So definitely "no drama". ;)