Hello, Guest the thread was called137 times and contains 1 replay

last post from ubik at the

"Turbo Rascal Syntax error" with MEGA65 Support

• I came across this project by chance, which has recently also integrated support for the MEGA65. It sounds very interesting and makes a good impression at first glance.

Turbo Rascal Syntax error, “;” expected but “BEGIN”

“Turbo Rascal Syntax error, “;” expected but “BEGIN” (Turbo Rascal SE, TRSE) is a complete suite (IDE, compiler, programming language, image sprite level resource editor) intended for developing games/demos for 8 / 16-bit line of computers, with a focus on the MOS 6502, the Motorola 68000, the (GB)Z80 and the X86.

Due to lack of time, I did not deal with it very intensively, but I wanted to at least introduce it and show you a few very first steps with it.

First, of course, you should download it. Versions for Windows, macOS and Linux can be found here:

Downloads

After starting it, you can choose one of the many tutorials. Ideally in our case, of course, "MEGA65":

You can enter the desired emulator in the settings. I chose the xmega65 from hernandp because it also implemented a lot of VIC-4 things.

First I loaded a raster program (07_rasters.ras) from the tutorial and then let it compile "RUN".

Then the selected emulator is started automatically and the generated program is integrated and started. Worked out pretty well:

Then I quickly load (01_hello_world.ras) and modified a little the obligatory simple "Hello World" with a few "color effects".

Looks pretty good so far! :D

By the way, the project for the C64 was presented here in this older thread. The good news is that it now supports the MEGA65 as well.

It is certainly worth a closer look. For example, I haven't found a command on the fly how to get keyboard entries such as an "INPUT A$" like in BASIC. But there is certainly that somewhere in the project. ;)

Overall, I like it very much and it's very interesting! :thumbup: