here's YAPED32. That's short for "Yet Another Petscii EDitor, but this time with 32 colours"
A few notable features:
- world's first MEGA65 native PETSCII editor supporting 32 colours
- nice palette tool for redefining colours and easy creation of gradients
- 9 independent workspaces
- rectangular selection and copy tool
- 5 extra screen rows for help, status information & palettes
- 3 modes of operation: drawing mode / typing mode / low-res Block Mode
The whole thing is still late alpha / early beta and likely has lots of bugs and rough edges, and I'm posting it here because I'd love to get some feedback from PETSCII artists as to what is still needed in there.
Please note that YAPED32 does not yet run in XEMU (neither the baseline branch nor hernandp' s megawat branch), so you need the xilinx board or a m65 dev kit to test it.
Some quick tips:
- You can press the 'HELP' key in drawing mode and in the palette editor to get a basic rundown on how yaped32 works. In the other modes, the status area displays an overview about which functions you may use
- If you don't like working with the character palette, you may use typing mode for just typing your characters or block mode to directly access 80x50 petscii block graphics
- 'RUN/STOP' always takes you back to the main menu (at least, it should...)
- in drawing mode, press 1-9 to switch between workspaces
- in typing mode, press alt+1-9 to switch between workspaces
- when using the a)rea selection tool in drawing mode, you can switch between workspaces once you have selected an area
P.S: If you find YAPED32 useful and are artistically inclined... I could use one or two nice PETSCII pictures to distribute with the final version