Hallo Besucher, der Thread wurde 1,5k mal aufgerufen und enthält 7 Antworten

letzter Beitrag von FeralChild am

LEMONADE for the MEGA65

• Because no 8-bit-platform is complete without its own implementation of the good old lemonade stand simulation, I decided to bring the good old PET game over to our beloved platform.

The C65/Mega65 version is (of course ;)) a little souped up: It's a 2 player game, we have a high score list and a fancy report graph after the sale...:

So without further ado, here's the disc image, have fun:

lemonade.zip

P.S., for the technically inclined: Because typing on the MEGA65's keyboard feels positively AWESOME, I decided to do the whole thing in BASIC10. It's been a lot of fun, but at the end of the day I think the MEGA65 would really benefit from a little more modern implementation (think: BBC BASIC...) of the language; because BASIC10 is essentially slow, unfinished and unstructured (yes, we have do-loop, begin-bend and all that stuff, but: still no named procedures/functions, all maths are slow and floating point based, variables have only two letters, etc. etc.). But of course, that's only my 2ct ;)

• WOW ubik

Thanks for the game. i'll give it a try later tonight ! looking forward.

• It's been a lot of fun, but at the end of the day I think the MEGA65 would really benefit from a little more modern implementation (think: BBC BASIC...) of the language; because BASIC10 is essentially slow, unfinished and unstructured (yes, we have do-loop, begin-bend and all that stuff, but: still no named procedures/functions, all maths are slow and floating point based, variables have only two letters, etc. etc.). But of course, that's only my 2ct ;)

Believe me, developing a new ROM is also fun. Plus, the MEGA65 native mode ends up working the way you want it to work - so I can only encourage you to help with development of such BASIC, link in my signature :D

• Believe me, developing a new ROM is also fun. Plus, the MEGA65 native mode ends up working the way you want it to work - so I can only encourage you to help with development of such BASIC, link in my signature :D

Of course you're doing a *great* job there!! :thumbsup: And I dearly wish I could help with the new BASIC; unfortunately my 6502 assembly is more than rusty; I'm more than proficient in C and C++... but 6502, that's been 20+ years and I never was any good with it... I doubt I could be of much help :/ (unless, of course, a 45gs02 optimized C compiler materializes)