Hallo Besucher, der Thread wurde 28k mal aufgerufen und enthält 227 Antworten

letzter Beitrag von LGB-Z am

XEMU - VIC-IV implementation update

• MEGA65 hardware doesn't support it, and might not for a while, as it requires an extra BRAM. T100 based boards are unlikely to get support for it, due to this. So I'm inclined to just not implement it, since very little existing software (if any) depends on it.

LG

Paul.

Oh, then my memory modules (in my brain, I mean) should be replaced, I thought it's done by mega65-core already :-O

• MEGA65 hardware doesn't support it, and might not for a while, as it requires an extra BRAM. T100 based boards are unlikely to get support for it, due to this. So I'm inclined to just not implement it, since very little existing software (if any) depends on it.

LG

Paul.

Oh, then my memory modules (in my brain, I mean) should be replaced, I thought it's done by mega65-core already :-O

This is the chance to make the Xemu emulator more compatible with the C65 than the MEGA65 will be. :thumbsup:

• Nice one, however seriously it's more material for Xemu/C65, for Xemu/MEGA65 I should stick with MEGA65 compatibility ;)

• NEW!
    Finally TEXTYPOS register implemented for vertical scrolling (both VIC-II 53265 reg and VIC-IV 53326/53327) on my branch. Note that we are working with LGB-Z in a merged repository but it's still some time to be ready; so expect this to be on the hmw branch for now.

The notebook shows Xemu while the widescreen display M65 hardware with latest bitstream.

There is an issue in MEGA65 where setting TEXTYPOS lower byte to zero will clear the screen, this is an issue I guess.

Thanks and keep tuned. More enhancements coming.

[Externes Medium: https://youtu.be/Ej46ozsEfYc]

Test program:

2oAoaxJsKtOedbP_R8Yny87bvMZuSl_qz0wqOPgBckXuJUOjhIobzNVjB-6PhCUnQV-eenxmGZFMinVihrEGcyzd1RO6-Gy6hLuwiGaOkH50zEn-wSYktUb1hYe3amYzudBLyH80sW0qg93Zu3jXupb6_NIASeTlP0IJvBDgeLo5DzV6f2OEy92OykltmS0VJe3CXR_a_5EroY6lstbGSyS_PUHQauAfqX3n2Uu41Xrl-ISAoWBtC2YS7fUyT-DaXqeUHIi2dO8uu45JnLDzLUJwLBUeyn1fjZKkZ4_5fGwZlcJ3bZs_il6DeGDyq2W0w7klLWA230T84SECTSbZiBPpw_7ZkR-apGSAUbCZoOdJtQTZKXTcaplpDEoG9Bu81I_0KEUk6kQ8T3E4VfjC8AK6oImbMTyZeWbsGNpHbimqAyPQOLxaHby9bbWvAjzBYhWbZyuVDTpwgQvQHjchpA0lB-_j_pnoiyhvJ_gntgighyDUHAWkZQ5YhuTcHR2NW0qWKsrVbSQcj6rYGi0pdxQNYtSPhqOGbcP-MEe26QDr-4HqXU_9DoJNP2GUxys8V8iG9uysL1q6KUE-CdLlf691BjnBmXLR67RMyOaNnc6Zsn50v55h23siZ_LOftmR4hrYXyxSuok5VNOYCmrsQxVrDY07lwdmQXjYBLew8y1xa9LW-iE0PmzfrLylDKUZX_34cj7LDLTdeUXGZT-Lr8vr=w442-h954-no?authuser=0

• As hernandp mentioned, the "long awaited" merge of the "two divergent main branches of Xemu" is finally on its way (both of us are working on this). Though it will take some time till it reaches at least the maturity of both of the branches, also both of the feature-set to be implemented without any major bug. Currently it's totally unusable for any general purpose emulation tasks, other then for those involved in emulation development.

• These are great news ! Thanks to both of you !

• Just to mention for curious ones, it may worth to try the "merger" branch of Xemu at usual download place: https://github.lgb.hu/xemu/

In the last 2-3 weeks we had very intensive work with Shallan , who writes test programs (and test results + analysis on the nature of problems) and I try to fix bugs and differences in Xemu (especially in the kingdom of VIC-IV for now) compared to the real hardware (moreover he even had some direct contributions as well) in that branch. Though for sure, there can be stability problems (it's not guaranteed it won't crash), and that branch requires more CPU power to run, but unfortunately it's the nature of emulation: more precise emulation needs more CPU power to do so. hernandp will join the work too, he has some "real world things" to manage at the moment, but it's important to note, that this work now is based on his code written to replace my very first and very crude preliminary VIC-IV emulation initially (which is still used in the master and next branches btw).

Of course I can't say everything is resolved for now (or even that there can't be regressions and some more "bad" versions temporary in that branch), but this code even now is far more compatible than "hmw" (Hernan's experimental VIC-IV branch) was. Of course this work will be the "default" version some time in the future. The focus is still on getting better emulation of MEGA65 "advanced" features (thus maybe not so much about "C64 mode", for example) which were emulated bad, or even missing, or being changed. Since there is active work on this branch, it's sometimes quite possible to have more new versions within an hour or so, and other interesting happenings, this is just the nature of an active/open development model of an open source project.