Hello, Guest the thread was called354 times and contains 1 replay

last post from Gurce at the

etherload tool

• One tool that has eluded me in my mega65 journey so far has been etherload. Thought I'd explore it tonight.

Ok, I've learnt it consists of two components:

• The 'etherload.prg' tool exists on the default utility disk that runs on the mega65, that will listen for a prg file being broadcast, download it, then run it.
    • The 'etherload' tool that runs on your pc, which will broadcast the desired prg file from your pc to the mega65

This blog post seems to be the most verbose on the matter:

It still seemed a little light on spelling out exactly how to run and use the tool, so I'm going to jot down what I've figured out so far:

• On the Mega65:
      • GO64
      • Y
      • LOAD "ETHERLOAD",8,1
      • POKE 0,65
      • SYS 53000
    • On your PC:
      • cd mega65-core/src/tools/etherload
      • ./etherload broadcast-ip-address path/to/myfile.prg

From Paul's blog post, he suggested a broadcast-ip-address of 192.168.1.255. That didn't work for me. I had to run ifconfig and use the broadcast-ip it suggested there:

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:24:8C:A6:AC:6C

inet addr:10.254.239.0 Bcast:10.254.239.1 Mask:255.255.255.254

But when I type that last line on my pc, the mega65's etherload.prg just seems to freeze on a blue-screen and black border though :(

So I was just wondering, what are other people's experiences with this tool? Is it something that still works and I'm just missing something? Or is it a more archaic method of doing things that has been superceded by other techniques?

• Ok, I asked around, seems like etherload was one of the very early tools for this kinda thing and was told there is a new tool underway for this.

Till that comes in, there was another tool from Paul's blog posts that got my attention, mega65_ftp. Didn't have success compiling it for my macbook last night, so I'll try compile it under linux tonight and see how that fares.